Deadline: February 28, 2021
This program provides academic year fellowships to undergraduate and graduate students in foreign language and area or international studies. The goals of the fellowship programs include:
- develop knowledge, resources, and training for modern foreign language and area/international studies
- attain foreign language acquisition and fluency
- train international experts to meet nationwide needs
To be eligible for a FLAS Fellowship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicant must be a degree-seeking student in good standing at Arizona State University or have been accepted for admission to ASU
- Applicant must be eligible to receive an Arizona State University tuition scholarship.
- Applicants must submit their FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year and provide a copy of their Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Applicants must be prepared to enroll in the intermediate level or above for both the Fall and Spring semester. (For graduate students already proficient in one Asian language, some exceptions apply.)
- Applicants must be prepared to enroll in at least one area studies course (at least 50% Asia focus) for both the Fall and Spring semester
- Applicants must show high academic achievement and demonstrate a long-term interest in Asia
Academic Year: $15,000 living stipend plus tuition and mandatory fees up to $18,000.
Academic Year: $5,000 living stipend plus tuition and mandatory fees up to $10,000.
Please email us at Asia@asu.edu if you have any questions or concerns.
*Please note: AY FLAS Awards are contingent upon funding from the US Department of Education